Membership categories and criteria
*Only companies registered in Japan are eligible.
- Full Membership
To become full members, franchisors who adhere to the Code of Ethics must meet the following qualifications:
- The purpose and conduct of the company may not offend public orders and morals.
- The company maintains sound finance and management.
- Clear terms and conditions of the agreement concerning the relevant franchise system are established and their contents are adequate.
- The company itself has performed the provisions of the agreement concerning the relevant franchise system and possesses the evidence to substantiate its successful performance.
- At the time of applying for the membership, the company, in principle, licenses ten or more franchisees who have been operating in Japan for two or more years.
- In the past two years, the number of cases of terminating or breaching the agreement concerning the relevant franchise system did not exceed 20 % of the number of agreements outstanding in the year.
- Associate Membership
To become associate members, franchisors who adhere to the Code of Ethics but are not qualified for full membership must have no less than one year’s experience in operation.
- Research Membership
To become research members, those who are interested in the franchise system must participate in the Association’s research activities.
- Supporting Membership
To become supporting members, those who adhere to the purpose of the Association must cooperate with the Association in its undertakings.